January 22nd 2023
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
News at Home
Y’all I’m tired but I don’t know exactly what all went down this week. I worked. I had meetings with Dante’s therapists. I am trying to get his feeding therapy setup, so doing all that insurance acrobatics. I visited with my brother. But anything groundbreaking that explains this exhaustion. Not really. January is just such a long month and it’s not even over yet! We still have MORE than a week!!!
And geez, I’m realizing I had Monday off this week. That feels like it was at least a week ago, not just Monday lol. It was a nice day though. Dante was at therapy and I went and did my nails. I came home and … yeah I so don’t remember. I know my plan was to relax. But Kiko was also off so that put a slight wrench in my relaxation plans. On Monday I did have the call with the company that negotiates medical bills and basically there’s a chance they could negotiate my bill down about $1500 cheaper. They suggested that I wait until it’s ready to go into collections. Apparently medical bills don’t hit your credit until after 1 year in collections. I wouldn’t wait that long, but it does give me some time since I’m supposed to get a bonus in March but I don’t know how much it is going to be yet and it’s hard to make decisions without knowing. If I choose to negotiate I won’t be able to use a payment plan, I’ll have to pay in a lump sum. So it makes a difference.
I am trying my hand at this new approach to scheduling my day and it’s not working as well as I’d like because life keeps happening. I have had to work later on some days, had meetings with therapists rescheduled on others, and complete cancellations on others. But this week was my first true attempt, so I’m going to give it another go this week. On the plus, my mornings are working out so much better now that they moved our morning meeting from 9am to 9:45. For me that means I’m not as stressed taking Dante to therapy in the morning.
I feel like blogging is going decently! I’ve been able to visit a few times a week at least and I’m gradually getting reviews written from like August – December (plus keeping up with current reads).
Last week on Because Reading
- [17 Jan] Tell Me Something Tuesday: Spin Off Series
- [18 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Carnivales are interesting #booklover
- [19 Jan] Ever After by Kate SeRine ★★★★½
- [20 Jan] Wicked Bite by Jeaniene Frost ★★★★★
- [22 Jan] Sunday Post with Berls | January 22nd 2023
This week I finished:
I’m participating in 8 Challenges, plus the Goodreads Challenge, this year. Here’s how I’m doing.
- COYER Upside Down Chapter 1 – 8 books
- Finishing the Series – my goal is 5-8 series.
- Series In Progress
- Well Met – I read book 2 so far this year. I need to read books 3 & 4
- Sean King and Michelle Maxwell – I read book 4 this year, still need to read 5 & 6
- Completed Series:
- Transplanted Tales – I read book 4 this year, which is all that is published so far (but I do think more are coming, so this is probably going to end up back in progress)
- Spoiler Alert – book 3 was the only book I hadn’t read, so that series now caught up!
- Series In Progress
- Library Love – 5/60 books
- Thrifty Thursday – my goal is 1 book each month:
- January – Just Folking Around by Penny Reid
- 2023 Audiobook Challenge – 5/100 books
- Backlist Reader Challenge – 4/50 books
- Bookish Resolutions – here are my goals:
- Review all books on goodreads within 1 week of reading them. Yes! Even finishing 5 books this week, I have reviewed them all!
- Keep up with My TBR List each month! Michelle and I have finished our first book and I have the review ready to go. Next book is selected and we have until end of next month… so we’re on track so far.
- Complete all my COYER tasks on time. so far, I’m on track!
- Sunday Post at least once each month.This makes the 4th this month!! Woohoo!
- Set aside minimum 1 hour each week for blogging. I have definitely spent an hour this week.
- 12 books from 12 friends – I shared the graphic in my first Sunday Post of the year but here are the books my friends have picked for me: (I haven’t read any yet)
- Filthy Rich Vampire by Geneva Lee Albin – Currently reading
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown
- Slay by Brittney Morris
- Pride and Protest by Nikki Payne
- Blacktop Wasteland by SA Cosby
- A Psalm for the WIld-Built by Becky Chambers
- Discipline is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control by Ryan Holiday
- The Mary Shelley Club by Goldy Moldavsky
- What Angels Fear by CS Harris
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- The Darkening by Sunya Mara
Goals for 2023:
This year I’m just focusing on habits that make me feel good and may/may not lead to weight loss. And rather than over-arching year long goals, I’ll be updating my goals on a week-by-week basis.
This week: My goal was water and settling into routine. I’d say I did pretty well with this. I drank my 8 glasses of water most days, but at least 6 every day. And my morning routine has been pretty solid, every day but Friday and Saturday.
Next week: I want to continue with my water goal intake and my morning routine. In addition I’m shooting for 2 servings of vegetables minimum daily.