Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog, Books & Real Life:
This week was a pretty good week, didn’t get a chance to visit but was able to get some posts done and work on a few design things.
How is your christmas shopping going? Santa is almost done with my kids stuff…so I heard. 😉 I still have a few things to get for family members and stocking stuffers which I will do next week. I am trying to get it all done early since I think this year we have more weekends to do stuff than we did last year. 🙂
I am 13 days smoke free and I am doing pretty good. Friday was my first time home alone part of the day and it was a bit of a struggle but I got through it with lots of coffee and M&Ms. I have been keeping myself busy with reading and blogging. I am hoping by the end of this month the craving wont be that bad. I know it takes about 100+ days for the craving to officially go away (I forgot the exact number) but for some reason at 13 days it seems a lot easier. I think it was harder to stop then it is to stay stopped. (does that make sense?)
I read some interesting books this week. I have to thank Carol (my monster porn enabler) for showing me Ravaged by the Gingerbread Man. It was the most fantastic book that I even made my husband read it. (he hates reading…gasp.. I know!!!) How can you go wrong with lines like “F$&@, f$&@, f$&@! As hard as I can! I’m gonna pound you, I’m the gingerbread man!”…PURE GOLD, right there! And he tastes like Cinnamon Buns…thank goodness I don’t eat those…
I was in a weird reading mood (obviously) but when I got to Too Late…it killed me…such an intense book with a hard subject. I actually really liked it. The rest of the month will be light since I know I will have a limited time to read with the holidays coming up but I plan to squeeze in at least a few more before the end of the year. Oh, I completed my Goodreads Goal, so Yay!
This week on the blog was basically sign up week…Bookish Resolutions and 2017 Reading Assignment are ready for next year and of course COYER 🙂 Click on the pictures for all the details and sign up today!
Last Week on the Blog:
- [28 Nov] The Christmas Gift by Emily Walters ★★★★
- [29 Nov] Holy Productive Blogger, Batman! ~ #TaskitTues
- [30 Nov] 2016 #BookishResolutions PROGRESS REPORT ~ November
- [30 Nov] GenreCRAVE Mega #Giveaway Blitz Post
- [1 Dec] Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
- [1 Dec] Monthly Rewind ~ November
- [2 Dec] 2017 Reading Assignment Challenge! Sign Up! #2017HW
- [2 Dec] 2017 #BookishResolutions Sign Up Post!
- [3 Dec] My To-Be Read List ~ Lets Vote ~ December 2016
- [4 Dec] Christmas is getting closer ~ WIR & TSP
What you might see this week:
- Review ~ Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky
- Task It Tuesday ~ Finishing out the year
- Holiday Fun Post ~ Top Ten Books I recommend for gift giving
- Holiday Fun Post ~ My favorite Hallmark Christmas Movies
- My TBR List Winner
Books read & currently reading:
- Ravaged by the Gingerbread Man by Fannie Tucker
- Wanting my Stepsister by Alexa Riley
- Too Late by Colleen Hoover
- The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young
New on the Bookshelf/Kindle:
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!