The cover….my daughter (9) and I quote “OMG, Are you going to read that? What could it even be about?” “He’s naked, MOM!” When she gets older I’ll remind her of this moment when she reads this book. This is my first, Lauren Blakely and I am pretty sure it will not be my last. I loved her writing, her story and her characters. This was such a fun book and it had me laughing quite a bit. The banter between the two MC’s is flirtatious and it works because you know these two are destined to be together.
The Story & Characters:
- I love a friend to lovers story and this did not disappoint
- I loved reading in a Males POV and I loved being in Spencer’s Head.
- Charlotte is a cute characters and I thought Spencer and her were meant for each other.
- Banter in this book is exactly what you want in a friends to lovers story. I really liked in intensity of it and how you can see when it switches from friends to more.
- This is also a fake fiancee story and I enjoy those too, they are so fun.
- I really liked Spencer’s Family. This wasn’t a boy with a rough life this was a rich guy with a great family behind him.
- Of course all books like this have a conflict and this one I liked. I was over done and it really worked for the story and Spencer’s personality.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, I love reading in Spencer’s POV and I think the banter was fun and perfect for the story. Regardless of what my daughter may have thought of the cover, I liked it and the story was a PERFECT fit. Highly recommend, can not wait to read more from this author.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!