Published by EverAfter Platinum on January 6th 2016
Genres: 18+, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Sexual Content
Source: Amazon Freebie
It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too.
And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big c*&k.
You might think I'm an a*&hole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.
Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.
The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancée for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.
And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.
But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.
What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?
BIG ROCK is a standalone, dirty romance novel written from the guy’s POV by NYT Bestselling author Lauren Blakely…
The cover….my daughter (9) and I quote “OMG, Are you going to read that? What could it even be about?” “He’s naked, MOM!” When she gets older I’ll remind her of this moment when she reads this book. This is my first, Lauren Blakely and I am pretty sure it will not be my last. I loved her writing, her story and her characters. This was such a fun book and it had me laughing quite a bit. The banter between the two MC’s is flirtatious and it works because you know these two are destined to be together.
The Story & Characters:
- I love a friend to lovers story and this did not disappoint
- I loved reading in a Males POV and I loved being in Spencer’s Head.
- Charlotte is a cute characters and I thought Spencer and her were meant for each other.
- Banter in this book is exactly what you want in a friends to lovers story. I really liked in intensity of it and how you can see when it switches from friends to more.
- This is also a fake fiancee story and I enjoy those too, they are so fun.
- I really liked Spencer’s Family. This wasn’t a boy with a rough life this was a rich guy with a great family behind him.
- Of course all books like this have a conflict and this one I liked. I was over done and it really worked for the story and Spencer’s personality.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, I love reading in Spencer’s POV and I think the banter was fun and perfect for the story. Regardless of what my daughter may have thought of the cover, I liked it and the story was a PERFECT fit. Highly recommend, can not wait to read more from this author.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!