Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog & Real Life:
So I am guessing the slump wasn’t over, I tried to read Ready Player One and I was loving it, it just had a lot of words and a huge info dump that slowed the book down to the point that it wasn’t a slump breaker like I had hoped. I think a book like that is better as audio than a reading book so I plan to get the audiobook of it soon so I can listen to it when I start walking in the spring. I did however read a short Christmas novella that helped and now onto another Christmas book for my TBR List Winner and then the last Christmas novella of this series I am reading before I head back into regular non-christmas book. I am a lover of Christmas as most of you know but I also don’t want Christmas burnout so I am going to get back into reading just normal books and save the rest of my Christmas reads for next year.
The kid at work is still out so this week was crazy with work. I worked a few long days and came home rather exhausted and didn’t want to do much on the computer since I was on it all day without a break. I am hoping this week is a little slower and the kid comes back before the week of Christmas because as of Dec 23rd I am out of work until Monday the 28th. My mom usually watches my kids but they have a half day on the 23rd and I need to pick them up since she is off the clock until the 28th. She does Christmas Eve at her house and I do Christmas day so we both have a lot of prepping to do. I wont be around that week but I should have a Sunday post since that will be the last of the year. HOLY COW! I can’t believe the year is almost over!
We also have one family member down, Ryan and like a true man is apparently DYING! If he still had a fever by Monday it will be a trip to the doctors for us.
Friday I spent all day at my moms house baking cookies, you can see the pictures on my Instagram, the smell of the house just gets me in a very happy Christmas mood.
I think I am done with all my shopping for Christmas just have to get few more little thing. The hamsters is another story, I still don’t know what cage to get them so I think we are going to give them a card and give the hamsters to them ourselves. Then after Christmas we can see if I can find a cage I like and they can pick out the hamster.
So I won’t be around in the early morning today since we are off to have a shitty breakfast with Santa at the Rainforest Cafe. I know the kids love it so I don’t mind going, I just wish they would have Lunch or Dinner with Santa because that food is at least a little better but breakfast is just…Yuck! I believe everything is frozen and the muffin in these little packages taste like Play-doh, sounds delicious doesn’t it!
You still have plenty of time to sign up!
- Bookish Resolutions is up again with a few changes but still all the fun of getting you to stick to those Bookish Goals for the new year.
- 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge is also up with a few changes to the challenge, so if you failed at it this year you might like the changes we made.
- COYER Sign Up is back and we are going back to basics! Let us help you get all those free and nearly free books read and off your e-readers!!! Challenge Starts Dec 19th
Last Week on the Blog:
- [7 Dec] The Billionaire's First Christmas (Winters Love #1) by Holly Rayner ★★★★½
- [8 Dec] Task it Tuesday~ I wasn’t going to do one but I couldn’t help myself
- [9 Dec] Holiday Tradition and a Book ~ Guest Post with Boxermommy Briggs
- [9 Dec] The Christmas Cottage / Ever After by Samantha Chase ★★★★
- [10 Dec] Holiday Tradition and a Book ~ Guest Post with Random Redheaded Ramblings
- [11 Dec] Holiday Tradition and a Book ~ Guest Post with Fortified By Books
- [11 Dec] A Cowboy's Christmas Reunion by Sasha Summers ★★★★
- [12 Dec] My To-Be Read List ~ And the Winner is….
- [13 Dec] Late days, Slump, Cookies and a Shitty Breakfast ~ WIR & TSP
This Week on the Blog:
- Review ~ The Naughty List
- Holiday Tradition & a Book with Kim
- Holiday Tradition & a Book with Lexxie
- Review – Miss Kane’s Christmas
- Holiday Tradition & a Book with Greg
- Holiday Tradition & a Book with Lillian
- Review – Mrs. Saint Nick
- Holiday Tradition & a Book with Me
- COYER STARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Books I got this week:
Picture of the week:
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!