Recapping 2018 and looking ahead to 2019
Feel free to join us!
out with the OLD: 2018
This year I basically did only one meme and one challenge. My TBR List and The Goodreads Challenge (which I failed) By the end of the year I started doing WOW posts, which I found that I love doing. This year coming up is going to be much different…2018 sucked blah, blah, blah, I’m sure you get it by now lol I wont repeat it again, you’re welcome, so lets move onto 2019
in with the NEW: 2019
am actually pretty excited for the challenges that i plan to do next year. Besides the 3 I co-host (you can find the sign ups below) I am also planning to do the Pick a Theme Challenge and the Tackle My TBR Challenge I should have a sign up post for them soon (maybe next week some time).
2019 Reading Assignment, if you joined last year it was basically you list the books you want to read and read them each month. That was a fun challenge but a lot of people are mood readers so instead, he hired 3 teachers and they set up class. So Spring Semester is now taking class registration. You can sign up for one class or all 3. Our Author Love challenge is now part of the reading assignment.
A Year in Anthologies I had a conversation a few months ago about not getting to Anthologies and then I had a great idea. Why not make it a challenge to read as many anthologies as you can, the bigger the better. You can pick one or a few as long as you read the entire thing by the end of the year…also the more pages the more points you get in the giveaway.
2019 Bookish Resolutions I used to host this with another blogger but she’s now a pretty popular author so Berls agreed to help me out, so basically you just make your list of resolutions and if you can complete them by the end of the year you get a point in the giveaway but wait there is more….We also are linking this challenge with our BRAND NEW! Bookish Bootcamp that will be similar to Bloggiesta and also Task it Tuesday will be back starting in Jan. You can find all the details on the sign up.
Memes and Posts
I do a few monthly posts and some memes. This is a list of what you will see in 2019
- My TBR List ~ I host this and I love it so it’s staying
- Waiting on Wednesday ~ I started doing this, this year and I forgot how much I love it so I will be doing it once in a while
- Task it Tuesday ~ This will be a monthly thing for me even though it runs every week. I tend to be able to handle a month more than a week.
- Binge Watchers ~ I will be doing this either once or twice a month depending on how much I am able to binge watch. It actually will be more of a post than a meme but you are welcome to join in.
- Book Report ~ Will be once a month, it will be more detailed with books I read from the month before and a list of my TBR for the next month. I am doing a complete redo of this meme.
- The Five on Friday Post ~ Will no longer be on Fridays. I will do random 5 posts about books I found, recommendations or just 5 of my favorite bookish or whatever. It might even change from 5 to another number since I only picked five to go with Friday.
I have a few new ones I am working on but haven’t worked out all the details yet especially on one that I can’t wait to do just can’t really figure out how to do it yet. It will be fun and different.
I have a seasonal meme that I am going to start doing in the spring and will run through each season. It sort of a theme type of meme with a list. This one I am hoping to either do by myself or if people want to join that is good too. It should be fun and get people reading books that might not normally read or books they haven’t had a chance to get to yet.
Books I reviewed this month ~ Books Reviewed
- [3 May] Clutch by J.A. Huss ★★★
- [7 May] Just a Few Misters #audioreview
- [7 May] Mr. Perfect by J.A. Huss ★★★★
- [7 May] Mr. Romantic by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [7 May] Mr. Corporate by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [7 May] Mr. Mysterious by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [7 May] Mr. Match by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [7 May] Mr. & Mrs. by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [9 May] Fledge by J.A. Huss ★★★★
- [10 May] 5 Star Series #Review ~ The Dragon’s Gift Trilogy by Jasmine Walt & May Sage
- [11 May] Turtles All the Way Down by John Green ★★★½
- [18 May] Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1) by Raina Telgemeier, Ann M. Martin ★★★★
- [24 May] Miss Wilton's Waltz by Josi S. Kilpack ★★★★½
- [25 May] Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco ★★★★
- [26 May] Ink, Iron, and Glass (Ink, Iron, and Glass, #1) by Gwendolyn Clare
- [28 May] Just a Few Duke’s Men #audioreview
- [28 May] What the Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★★
- [28 May] When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★½
- [31 May] Wolves and Daggers: A Steampunk Fairy Tale by Melanie Karsak ★★★★
- [4 Jun] Just a Few In Death Again!
- [4 Jun] Witness in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [4 Jun] Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★½
- [4 Jun] Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [6 Jun] Accidentally Dead by Dakota Cassidy ★★½
- [7 Jun] Devils Unto Dust by Emma Berquist ★★★★
- [11 Jun] Just a Few Turning Reads #review
- [11 Jun] Taking Turns by J.A. Huss ★★★★
- [11 Jun] Turning Back by J.A. Huss ★★★★½
- [11 Jun] His Turn by J.A. Huss ★★★★★
- [14 Jun] Cursed by Night (Her Dark Protectors, #1) by Jasmine Walt, Emma Stark ★★★★
- [16 Jun] Just a Few Twenty-Sided Sorceress Books I Read #reviews
- [16 Jun] Justice Calling by Annie Bellet ★★★★
- [16 Jun] Murder of Crows by Annie Bellet ★★★★
- [23 Jun] Ho Ho Hocus by Gina Wynn ★★★½
- [25 Jun] Just a Few More In Death Books I Loved! #audioreview
- [25 Jun] Purity in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★★
- [25 Jun] Portrait in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Imitation in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★½
- [27 Jun] A Christmas to Remember by ★★★★½
- [27 Jun] I Will by Lisa Kleypas ★★★★
- [27 Jun] Deck the Halls with Love by Lorraine Heath ★★★★
- [27 Jun] No Groom at the Inn by Megan Frampton ★★★★★
- [27 Jun] The Duke's Christmas Wish by Vivienne Lorret ★★★★
- [28 Jun] Stroke The Flame (Her Elemental Dragons, #1) by Elizabeth Briggs ★★★½
- [30 Jun] Escape the Sea (Saved by Pirates, #1) by G. Bailey ★★★★
What are you looking forward to in 2019?
Thanks for stopping by to Check out my recap of 2018 and what’s to come in 2019
Have a great day and Happy Reading!