Recapping 2017 and looking ahead to 2018
Feel free to join us!
out with the OLD: 2017
This year started out pretty awesome for me on the blog. I was ready to get my blog back to what it once was when I started. Apparently that didn’t last at all, I sort of fell apart half way into the year and I have yet to recover. As I write this I realize that next year I will be back, the blog will be active again and I will be in a better mindset because I plan to make some changes to my personal life and health. I think we all fall away from what is important and what we want most out of life. I went head in to a bunch of different things and spent most of the time obsessing over it instead of actually doing it. No more excuses and no more complaints, I want to make Because Reading what is was. With Berls on the blog now, I know we both can do pretty amazing stuff. So lets get to the NEW in 2018….
in with the NEW: 2018
More reviews, more content and more fun. I am so tired of writing sad, crappy Sunday posts. I want to keep the blog, light and cheerful. So in 2018, I plan to make some changes to templates of posts and maybe even add some more fun stuff. Wanna know what is staying?
Here is the list of all the posts you will see in 2018. New and Old…
- My TBR List ~ Of course will be back next year, it is still on of my favorites and even if I was going to do it alone, I would still do it. 🙂
- BingeWatchers ~ This will stay and I hope to be more active with it since I have a list still of stuff I want to watch. I am calling for a do over! 🙂
- Reviews ~ That really is what this blog is all about and I plan to review more and not just books, I might even through in a show or even something I purchased. I am planning to do some random reviews once in a while and throw in some mini ones too.
- Monthly Book Report ~ I let this go since I was in a reading slump but I actually enjoyed doing it do I plan to do it again.
- The Week in Read-view (The Sunday post) ~ I would miss you all if I stopped doing this.
- The Friday Fives ~ I have three versions of this I still plan to do them in 2018. I enjoy doing them and only doing 5 makes it easier to do more of them.
- Currently I’m ~ I did this a few times in the middle of the year. They are a lot of fun to do and I want to start doing them again but more of a random things and not really scheduled. I might even change it up a little.
So those are the main posts that I plan to have more active next year. I also have bookish conversations and a few other random posts that I want to do next year. They don’t really have names but I just might share. I want to use this space as a way to open up and be more conversational.
I also might being back Task it Tuesday but I am not sure just yet. It’s a meme I LOVE but just have a hard time doing it. I want to find a fun new way to post and it might be something I do monthly instead of weekly.
I am also going to focus a lot more on visiting, however, don’t think I don’t come by sometimes. I many occasions I read the post in my email and when I have something to add I will come to your blog. Sometimes I just want to say more on a post than Great review! Sort of think doing that every time you post makes it seem like I am really not reading what you are writing. I would rather just like the post or retweet it. I also plan to comment a lot more on my blog. I have fallen away from that lately because I just don’t have time but I want to manage my time better in real life. I understand things happen but I want to make sure it’s actually something and not me just being lazy. I am determined to beat my depression, I don’t like it and I want a better mindset like I used to have. I don’t know when it all fell apart but 2018 is going to be my year…I will work my ass off to make sure it is.
Posts recap for January & February
Books I reviewed in January & February
- [6 Jan] The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young ★★★★
- [11 Jan] Desperate Measures by Staci Hart ★★★★
- [18 Jan] Wanting My Stepsister by Alexa Riley ★★½
- [20 Jan] Bend (Vegas Heat Book 1) by Molly McLain, Dana Lamothe, Ellie McLove ★★★★
- [26 Jan] Too Late by Colleen Hoover ★★★★
- [28 Jan] Big Rock by Lauren Blakely ★★★★
What are you looking forward to in 2018?
Thanks for stopping by to Check out my recap of 2017 and what’s to come in 2018
Stop by tomorrow to see Berls Out/In Post!
Have a great day and Happy Reading!